Our California lemon law attorney in Los Angeles at Shainfeld Law, P.C. know that most people understand that our state has a consumer-friendly California Lemon Law.
While most California residents know the law exists, they may not know when they qualify for relief under the statute.
To follow is a quick overview of what all consumers should know about the California Lemon Law.
The California Lemon Law Applies to Both New and Used Vehicles
Whether you bought your car, truck, or SUV new or used, if it is still under the manufacturer’s warranty, it may be eligible for a lemon law claim.
Different Types of Vehicles are Eligible for Lemon Law Relief
California lemon law covers more than just cars, but also:
- Pickup trucks
If your vehicle is still under warranty, it may be eligible for relief by filing a lemon law claim in California.
Most Vehicle Defects are Covered by the California Lemon Law
Lemon law claims can be brought in California vehicle defects that include nonconformity issues.
The type of vehicle defect is not the question. To file a lemon law claim in California, the vehicle must:
- Be covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Have a defect that substantially impairs the use, value, or safety of the vehicle that was n not caused by unauthorized or unreasonable use of the vehicle.
Next, the requirements include:
- The manufacturer has had two unsuccessful repair attempts for the same defect that could cause death or serious bodily injury if driven.
- The manufacturer has had four unsuccessful repair attempts for the same defect.
- The vehicle has been out of service for repair for 30 or more cumulative days.
How Long Does it Take to Produce Results in a California Lemon Law Claim?
While the answer to how long your California lemon law case will take is unique to each vehicle owner’s circumstances, our skilled Los Angeles lemon law attorneys typically produce results for our clients in 30-60 days.
Contact our experienced Los Angeles County lemon law attorney at Shainfeld Law, P.C., today by calling 888-609-2593 or request a free consultation online to learn how we can put our 99% success rate to work for you.